I miss y'all! I haven't posted all week, my apologies as timing didn't work out with my most recent trip and work has been kicking my behind!
I was inspired to post some of my recent favorite beauty products because quite frankly I LOVE makeup. I have an obsession with it and I've never actually shared that passion here on the blog, so I have collected a few of my favorite RECENT purchases and want to write a review on each:
1. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation- I bought this foundation back during the summer time and did NOT like the way it looked so I stopped using, I picked it up again one day and automatically fell in love, leading me to believe this is more of a winter foundation as it's thicker and goes on more full coverage than what I tend to wear during the summer. Like I said before this is more of a medium/full (buildable) coverage and it blends so easily and beautifully into your skin, highly recommended
2. Artis Oval 8 Brush- OMGGGGG that about sums up my love for this brush, it is quite pricey coming in at about $75 but I promise you it is worth every penny! I literally dot on my foundation and this brush does the job of a brush and beauty blender flawlessly and quickly. The bristles are super dense and very packed in so it doesn't feel rough on your face , it feels like you're very delicately massaging your entire face
3. Tarte Kabuki Brush (part of a set)- I love applying my face powder with this brush as it buffs it on smoothly for an airbrush finish
4. Laura Mercier Translucent Powder- I use this to bake under my eyes and it leaves me totally creaseless ALL day
5. Anastasia Powder Countour Kit- I never thought I'd ever get the jist of contouring until I invested in this palette, it's fool proof and a little goes a long way
6. Anastasia Brow Definer- again, I never thought I'd be one of those girls that filled-in their eyebrows but I started noticing a few bald spots on my brows from waxing so I decided to give this a try and I went back to Sephora the very next day to purchase the brow wiz as well which has a thinner applicator
7. Anastasia Brow Wiz- I use this thinner pencil to give my brows a more natural, wispy look
8. Anastasia 'World Traveller' Eyeshadow palette- the colors on this palette are so pigmented and wonderfully curated that I couldn't pass it up, my fav color in the palette is "pink champagne" and it's just so pretty. I find myself using it almost every day for a quick touch of shimmer on my eyes or tear ducts
9. Becca x Jaclyn Hill 'Champagne Pop' Highlighter- if you're looking for a highlighter to really POP, you're in luck this is a very gold pigmented highlight that I personally feel looks best on medium/tan/deep skin tones
10. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer- I promise you I have found the holy grail of concealers, I suffer from severe dark circles and this concealer makes me look alive and awake with just one swipe. I apply in a triangular shape, blend with a damp beauty blender and bake with the Laura Mercier translucent powder and I look brand new! Try it, you're welcome in advance!
Well, I hope you all found this post helpful as I know how daunting it can be to walk into a Sephora or Ulta and be bombarded with 20 million different makeup products at once! If you liked this post let me know and I'd be happy to incorporate more beauty posts on the blog, I am already working on a drugstore haul for ya!
Thanks so much for reading!