I must admit I had a despicable desk/office area that was pretty much un-inspiring and unsightly. I knew I would be spending a lot of time at my desk so I had to do something to revamp my work space to keep me inspired and wanting to spend time here.
I gave myself a challenge, which was sticking to a $100 budget so with some creativity (used a lot of things I already had at home and re-worked them into this space) and a few stops at Target, Michael's, Marshall's and Dollar Tree (yes, you read Dollar Tree) I was able to revamp my space for under $100!
Here is the break down of items bought:
1. black dry erase board- $12.99 - Target
- for easy jotting down of fleeting ideas (I can sometimes I have a very short-term memory)
2. Cork boards (set of 4 tiles)- $7.99 - Target
- came in a set of 4 squares so I was able to mix and match where I wanted to put the cork squares and will also be able to personalize my space by pinning different magazine tears or articles that inspire me
3. Chandelier wall decal- $12.99 - Target
- gives any space an instant chic factor
4. Black/White Curtain- $19.99 - Target
5. Black Picture Frames (total of 5)- $5 ($1 each) - Dollar Tree
- I made high-quality photo copies of an art book to fill the frames
6. Square Mirrors (total of 2)- $2 ($1 each) - Dollar Tree
- gives a small space dimension and makes it look bigger
7. Photo boxes (total of 2)- $4 ($2 each) - Michael's
- great to stow away any unsightly cords, papers, etc
8. White silk flowers (sand, vase and flowers bought separately)- $12 ($4 each item) - Michael's
9. Pink @ sign- $3 - Marshall's
Total $79.96..... $20.04 UNDER BUDGET
Check out the before and after pictures, below!
Thanks for reading!